Thursday, October 8, 2009

Yesterday..continued...

Continuing…Yesterday was so great! After helping Leyla teach English we went outside and played with the kids. I met a boy named Peter who was about 4-years-old. His skin was really dry and cracking so Leyla suggested we wash his face and put oil on it. I went looking for Patrick (who was supposed to give me oil) and accidently opened a storage room door. Out ran a dog and a little baby puppy. Of course, I went for the puppy. I swooped up the little guy and then I heard screams of fear & laughter as the dog ran through the yard. The kids were going crazy! It was quite the event. After all the craze, I was able to wash Peter’s face and rub oil on it. I know it sounds like a very simple thing, but it was so precious. He just sat there with a cute little smile on his face while I did it. He found me today and I sat and held him for a while. I’ll have to get a picture of him to show you.

Last night, we went to “The Boy’s House,” to help tutor them in math. I helped them make Chipati for a little while and then the power went out, so we hung out in the kitchen using candlelight. The boys all used to attend Oasis but are now in either 7th or 8th grade at public school. A man named Robert looks over them. It’s been really great getting to know the boys and hearing some of their stories. They are a funny group with a lot of potential…I’m looking forward to getting to know them better.


PICS from the BOYs HOUSE

(So far everyone has guessed that I'm either 16 or 17 years old.) Stone thought I was "cheating him" when I told him I was 22 last night:)

Stone and myself cooking in the kitchen.
Allison, Martin, Stone, Justice and myself with Moses in the background with the hat.



0 comments:

Post a Comment