Friday, November 13, 2009

Last day at Oasis...

Today was my last day teaching at Oasis of Hope. I was just telling Allison that I'm so so happy that I ended up helping Leyla teach everyday. It really helped make up a huge part of my experience here. I wasn't expecting to do that everyday, but I'm so glad that's where God put me. I'm having trouble putting my thoughts into words tonight. I've written about ten sentences...only to erase each one because it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. I am so grateful for my class, knowing their faces, learning their names, and spending 6 consistent weeks with them. Since I'm short on words tonight, I've just decided to post a lot of photos...

Joel wearing Jordan's glasses

Cleophas- I know I already posted this picture...but
tell me you don't want to see this outfit again?

The next 3 pics are hairstyles that I have been given here...




Amlango doing my hair
Tonight...at the girls house...



Amlango doing my hair again, Janet on the right
Peter and sister Lucy

Tonight was SO great! We had dinner at the girl's house. There were 28 of us in total! Rebecca made chipati, rice, green grams, meat and potatoes. She was so laid back about
preparing dinner for us all. Allison and I were talking tonight about how selfless
and greatRebecca is...she's wonderful!

Allison & Alfayo (nicknamed "King of Shimo" by the last Saddleback team)
Me and Dorcas being weird
Eso and me
Me carrying Jennifer with Isaiah on my left

Yesterday we went to the boys house. The 8th graders just finished taking their KCPE test and we celebrated with dancing and sodas and a lot of laughter :)
Jose, Edwin, Pato (in the back), Moses, Martin and Steward in front of him, Shaban (with just his head & shins showing, and Stone being held by them all...
Shaban, Moses and Allison
Me and Moses hanging upside-down
Me and Moses with our new glasses

Oasis pictures...
Emanuel, Sarah, Me and Dan with his face 1/2 cut off
Sarah, David, Kevin, and Emanuel (taken in my class)
Today was my last day teaching at Oasis and I wanted to do something different
and fun. I decided to have the class use watercolors because Leyla said most
of them have probably never used them before. It was a success!
Right: Bevin, Sarah, David, Dan, Emanuel. Left: Brian, Peter, David, and Dan
Here are the 5 siblings who I've blogged about many times...Pato, Ajix, Amlango, Irene and Lucy...they also have 2 younger siblings...Erica and Peter
Art project from my class
My class (w/their finished water-colored projects)
Oasis of Hope kids outside for the flag ceremony before class
Sisters -Alodi and Dorcas

Last Sunday at the girl's house...

Amlango doing dishes
Rebecca taught me how to use a non-electric sewing machine at the girl's house last Sunday. You know, the kind where you have to use both of your feet for the petal. I sewed this apron all on my own! I've been so proud of it, I even dreamt that I was wearing it to sleep last week.

Nancy, me, Lucy, Jordan and Allison dancing/singing to "All the Single Ladies"

0 comments:

Post a Comment