Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My first offical post!

Last night Allison, Jordan and I all met with Pastor Steve Rutenbar to discuss final preparations for our trip. As many of you already know, our trip has been shortened to 6 weeks, and I officially leave 1 week from today!

Time has gone by SO quickly, and I can't believe I'm leaving in 7 days! Reality is just now starting to sink in. Last night Pastor Steve said something that really resonated with me. He told us to remember that we are going to Kenya “to serve, not to solve." He shared that our job is not to fix problems or find a solution to the many heartbreaking situations that cross our path; but rather, to go with an attitude of servanthood.

We also talked about a disfigured animal sanctuary in Kenya (or something like that) with animals that have 3 eyes and 5 legs and some other crazy stuff, needless to say, we added this to our to-do list!

So, I’m super new at this whole “blog thing” so I’ll keep it short and sweet for now. But if you come across this, can you please pray for Jordan, Allison and I. Specifically, that we would unite and stay focused on where the Holy Spirit is guiding us, that God’s will would be done and not our own, that we would stay physically as well as spiritually healthy, and that I wouldn’t be homesick.

Thanks for all your love, support, encouragement and prayers!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

We miss you already!!! Why didn't you put a picture of your favorite animal? Praying for you!! ---Vicki

Unknown said...

You got it girlfriend! I am praying for all you've asked for. You are a servant at heart so I know you will do just what God is calling you to. What an awesome experience. Love, Laura

AWAY To Help Ministries said...

Love ya Bre, Miss ya Bre. Drink your water. Thank you for making the difference you're making. You rock and you encourage me. Your are making an amazing difference and bringing them so much hope through being there! Moe

leahsmom said...

I wanna help the 3-legged animals!That is SOOOOO cool! Maybe you can bring one home for us. We can keep it in the backroom! I can't wait to hear all your stories - be sure to write down ALL your thoughts. What a great book that will make! We can sell it in the book store. Love, Cindy

Unknown said...

Hi Breanna, I got your Dad on the computer, now trying to figure out how to post comment. Stay alert and careful. Love You Uncle Chuck.

Unknown said...

THIS IS YOUR DAD .... Patrick Henry ...
... H E L L O ... D A U G H T E R ...
I just read your blog and I am impressed with your comments and pictures. I would like you to include more pictures of you ((my daughter)) and the children. Breanna, you PRAYED that GOD would show you direction. Sweetheart, you are already doing God's work, now from one Father to another Father (me), we are both extremely impressed with your work. I pray for you everyday that you are safe, happy and doing God's work and that the children are receiving your 'service' are safe and happy. This has been your dream come true and I am so happy and proud of you. Love Dad, Patrick Henry. P.S. I will read your 'blog' daily. Be Safe, careful and enjoy. I am enjoying your adventure along with you, keep up the good work. HUGS HUGS HUGS and KISS KISS KISS

Post a Comment